The problem for James Brown, the Mechanical Engineer at Marchwood Power Station, was that the desuperheater valves installed would fail on average once a year leading to plant unavailability with all the obvious associated costs and some less obvious engineering issues.
- HRSG final desuperheaters (HP & IP) failing in service
- Life expectancy < 12 months
- Expensive to replace and overhaul
- High cost due to plant unavailability
- High quality, well engineered desuperheaters
- Protected by a steam cooled jacket
- Life expectancy > 12 YEARS!
James had worked with AVS on a previous project so had confidence in our engineers. He’d also had a positive experience of Hora valves elsewhere at Marchwood.
The installed desuperheaters were replaced with Hora cooled desuperheaters each protected by a unique steam cooled jacket.
The inspection cycle for the desuperheaters is now > 6 years and replacement is now > 12 years. Project payback was 1 year.
Download the information sheet Marchwood CCGT Save £200,000 per year