Once again AVS are running the popular and successful Valves & More seminar at Hora and Persta. The next seminar will on the 21st and 22nd of October, 2014
Valves & More is an educational technical seminar. Hosted by Advanced Valve Solutions it is built around a two day program at the Hora (www.hora.de) and Persta (www.persta.de) production facilties in Germany.
Those attending the seminar are treated to a technical course that includes the design, calculation, functionality and fabrication of different valves types: control valves, desuperheaters, HP & IP bypass valves and HP isolation valves.
The subjects discussed are particularly relevant to the power industry and includes: Thermal stress in materials, applications and constructions, design and reliability, cast versus forged material and new developments in the valve market.
Participants are given the opportunity to submit questions on technical and
operational issues faced in their jobs in advance. If possible, we will adapt our
program to make the course even more interactive and efficient.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed for people who require an understanding of the impact that changes in operation can have on operation costs, plant availability, valve reliability, controllability, maintenance intervals and life time expectancy.
OVERVIEW & OBJECTIVES
Commonly seen problems with valves in two shift power plants are:
- Thermal stress in the intermediate and final desuperheater (nozzle heads falling off)
- Steam temperature control problems
- HP/IP bypass station problems (control problems at start up conditions, thermal stress problems in the outlet or downstream piping, temperature control problems, flow problems at condenser inlet)
- Cavitation in the boiler feedwater control valve during start up
- Severe erosion in the superheater drain valves.
- Cracking of body material
- Delamination of seat material
- Increased loss of material integrity
- Increased deterioration of body and bonnet material
Upon successful completion of the seminar attendees will be able to understand the principles as to why above mentioned problems occurr and what can be done to prevent them.