Valves & More
Valves & More is an educational technical seminar which is held in Germany at the respective production facilities. Hosted by Advanced Valve Solutions it is built around a two day program at HORA (www.hora.de) and PERSTA (www.persta.de).
Those attending the seminar are treated to a technical course that includes the design, calculation, functionality and fabrication of different valves types: control valves, desuperheaters, HP & IP bypass valves and HP isolation valves.
The subjects discussed are particularly relevant to the power industry and includes: Thermal stress in materials, applications and constructions, design and reliability, cast versus forged material and new developments in the valve market.
Participants are given the opportunity to submit questions on technical and operational issues faced in their jobs in advance. If possible, we will adapt our program to make the course even more interactive and efficient.
Who should attend to?
This course is designed for people who require an understanding of the impact that changes in operation can have on operation costs, plant availability, valve reliability, controllability, maintenance intervals and life time expectancy.
Overview & objectives
Commonly seen problems with valves in two shift power plants are:
- Control valves, rangeability, high pressure drops.
- Thermal stress in the intermediate and final desuperheater.
- Steam temperature control problems.
- HP/IP bypass station problems (control problems at start up conditions, thermal stress problems in the outlet
or downstream piping, temperature control problems, flow problems at condenser inlet).
- Cavitation in the boiler feed water control valve during start up.
- Severe erosion in the superheater drain valves.
- Isolation valves: Cracking of body material · Delamination of seat material · Increased loss of material integrity
· Increased deterioration of body and bonnet material.
- Drain issues, drain valves: "keep it tight overnight" the possibility to maintain pressure
in the boiler during the night to make a warm- or hot start possible.
Upon successful completion of the seminar attendees will be able to understand the principles
as to why above mentioned problems occur and what can be done to prevent them.
We are pleased to inform you that we are again holding Valves & More Seminars
on location at our manufacturers in Germany.
They take place on the following dates:
- 5 & 6 October 2021 (In Dutch)
- 2 & 3 November 2021 (In English)
- 16 & 17 November 2021 (In Dutch)
Please contact us for more information or to make a reservation.